Monday, April 29, 2013

OLW for April: On the Move!

Well, after things seemed dull and slow, many, many changes have come my way this month!  My husband just started at a new job, and I am moving to first grade next year after teaching third for 9 years straight!  I'm also heading back to my old school building, which I am very excited about.  I think the administration is going to suit me well, and I can't wait to get back with my old colleagues, many of whom are close friends.  On top of that, my son just turned 3 (can't believe it!) and my mom is retiring from teaching after several decades in fourth grade.   It's so funny how life can change in the blink of an eye.  At first, I was a bit terrified about first grade, but now I'm really excited.  I think it's going to be great!!  And, as my current team members pointed out in the middle of dreaded state testing last week, I won't have any more standardized tests in first, which takes a lot of stress away.  So, I'm thankful for the movements that are working in my life right now.  I'm glad my one little word is having so much power in my life this year!

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting month for you! I look forward to keeping up with your new opportunities. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life sure does change in the blink of an eye! Change and movement can bring on so many feelings...excitement, anxiousness, curiosity, hope, fear.... I am excited for you and all the movement in your life right now! I am glad that we got to spend time working together...I wish you the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your journey. So many of us are in similar boats with all of those emotions rolled into one ball. I appreciate summer as it is creeping around the corner for time to relax but also get ready for switching gears, grade levels or a whole new group of students. Thank you for sharing your OLW with us.

    ReplyDelete